Monday 5 July 2010

Ben, drums, an old lady and a dog

Ben asked me to sign a letter to tell the school he is not going to sit for a humanities subject paper and asked to be excused from attending lessons. Woah! Always got this kind of difficult decision for me to make. Naturally, I relented in his best interest because he said that that is not his strong subject and Aunt Sandra also said to him, "Yah, it won't look good on your cert if you know you are going to do badly for it." Hokay, so I said to him, "Please do well for all your other papers." I wrote out and gave him the letter to bring to school. Ben is a Science student and he sucks big time at humanities subjects. I am hoping he scores at least 4 A1s for his math and science papers and for the other two subjects, I am hoping he can score too. Anything else means he may not get into ACJC. Hiyah, so stressful for me leh.... I hope he is not stressed out but is taking everything in his stride..... Anywayz, should he not achieve those grades, I am NOT going to complain but will still give him my utmost support for doing his best. Sometimes, it is hard to predict why things go wrong during exams so I am not going to be a difficult mom.

That day, the one-floor-downstairs neighbour, the old lady (I am sure it is her again!!!) complained that Ben's drumming was too noisy. Ben called me and said the management came up and spoke to him. My same floor neighbours all okie leh... never said Ben's drumming was too noisy. In fact, my same floor neighbour's son playing the piano was also very loud but I also never go and complain mah!!! I mean, c'mon, this is community living and as long as it is daytime and the noise level is not extreme, we should all be more tolerant! Right!!!!?????

Anywayz, my dear son went downstairs and spoke to the management to discuss this issue. So this young mgt guy asked Ben to use carpet to dampen the sound. Aiyoh, I also told Ben before but he refused to listen to me! Ben siao siao one, he asked the mgt guy what he thinks of his (Ben's) drumming and the mgt guy said, "Okay, not bad but just have to practise some more to play more smoothly." Haha, my son a joker lah...

Today my friend asked me to consider adopting a 10 month old Jack Russell named Julius. Yes, like the rest of my family members, WE LOVE DOGS. But now I am thinking hard about my downstairs ngiao old lady. What if she complains about the dog's barking??? Siao liao...

Tomorrow I will go and visit Julius. See how lah. I may or may not adopt Julius.

I have been practising strumming and singing "Tears In Heaven" and "Say A Little Prayer". I have already stopped guitar lessons and is now self-learning. Hokay lah, still can....

Next, I hope to have time to learn to play the drums.

So tired. Going to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment