Friday 30 July 2010

just checking

Last night at around 9 pm, I went to fetch Ben from school which is on Barker Road near my friend's Gentle Road house. (Good question, what was Ben doing in school at 9 pm? Well, the school premises are open to the Sec 3 and 4 students for studying and revising for exams. There are teachers watching over them and some of them giving extra help and lessons. Ben said some teachers do it voluntarily and of coz some others well well....)

I wanted to wait for Ben on Chancery Lane side of the road instead of making a U turn after coming from Balmoral Road but too bad, the Chancery Lane school carpark was locked so I drove on to Gentle Road (which was a short distance away) to check on my friend. I heard from my other friend that electricity was not restored for many days because the electrical sub-station was submerged in water as it was also built underground. When I came near their house, I saw soft lights in most of the units there. However, I saw all the cars parked along the narrow road outside these two rows of cluster houses. Along the auto gate, I saw a whole row of sandbags. The basement carpark was empty. Guess nobody dare to park there.

I made a U turn back to Bt Timah Road and U turn back to Dunearn Road and then turn into Barker Road. I told Ben about the sandbags I saw outside our friend's house. He said, yes, he saw many homes barricaded with sandbags as if in a warzone. Hahaha such an apt and graphic description.

I have just vacuumed and mopped the whole apartment. I have just thoroughly washed the common bathroom. Now the bathroom is smelling very nice.

It's time to go take a hot shower and go to bed soon. Gosh, I AM tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment