Wednesday 19 January 2011

spring cleaning time

It's back to junking stuff again. Serves 2 folds:

1. spring cleaning for chinese new year
2. downsizing my load for house removal

I must have thrown, gave and sold away ALOT of stuff. Let's see, how many times I have moved house:-

- from sengkang to sengkang (jan 2006 - dec 2006)
- from sengkang to clementi (jan 2007 - dec 2009)
- from clementi to king albert park (Jan 2007 - April 2011)
- from king albert park to clementi (April 2011 - )

Sengkang flats were huge >1300 sq ft. Downsized to clementi flat 440 sq ft. I remembered I didn't have time to junk things before I moved so I cried when my stuff arrived at the small clementi flat. Since that time, I learned my lesson and I started junking things. It does help that my son is a nag (but he can be very unreasonable). He nags at me to discard stuff, whether it is expensive or nice or not nice, but as long as he hates them, he will ask me to throw them away. At times like these, we will have huge fights.

King albert park apartment is 1012 sq ft and the stuff we have are not too many but still we can do without some stuff. I am giving away clothes, shoes and bags. I am trying to sell a teakwood tv cabinet, white computer table, guitar, drum cymbals, etc.

Our next flat in clementi is 720 sq ft. Ben wants the minimalist look (whitish shade, down lights, few furniture and very spaced out) but I prefer the contemporary classic look (some wood, soft furnishings, beige, white, cream, brown and some black). As money is no enough, I will renovate in stages when I have more money. First, I MUST hack away the wall that separates the living room from the kitchen, remove the existing ugly cornices and put in new lights.

All I care about is that we will be happy in the new flat. Meanwhile, I am looking for somebody to novate my current lease at king albert park. I have a contract up to end dec 2011. This apartment is super beautiful and the rental price is super good. Any interested parties, please post your enquiries here.

Ben is getting sad about moving away from this place. He said, "Mom, I like this place very much." I said, "Who doesn't?"

Got to go pack up the apartment. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment